Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Bird And The Bee: I Can't Go For That (Hall and Oates cover)

My dream pretty much came true when The Bird and The Bee (Inara George + Greg Kurstin) announced their quest to do a few volumes of "interpretations," otherwise known as covers (and we all know how much I love covers here). Now, when they revealed the first volume was going to be entirely devoted to Hall and Oates - the blue-eyed soul-sters and one of the greatest pop songwriters of all time - I went completely ballistic.

The jazz-infused pop and electronica duo released the album on March 23rd and it is nothing less than brilliant. Of course, what did everyone expect with George's angelic vocals and Kurstin's immense talent in production? As a huge Hall and Oates fan, I enjoyed a number of their covers but the Hall and Oates melody which worked perfectly with The Bird and The Bee's style was none other than "I Can't Go For That."

Check it out below!

Mp3: The Bird and The Bee - I Can't Go For That (Hall and Oates cover) 
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment