Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dam Funk Music Video: Mirrors


A month or so ago, a friend told me that I should get into an LA artist by the name of Dam Funk. I had heard of the name before but never really looked into him and sooner or later I couldn't deal with the curiosity in the back of my head.

This Dam-Funk guy is as funky as my friend says he is, apparently full of "boogie funk" to be exact, and I dig it. Modern electro and soul all giving off a retro Prince vibe is another chill sound I can gladly add to my music library.

However, his latest video for "Mirrors," is a bit silly. Entertaining but silly. The track is superb, but I couldn't agree more with Pitchfork's description: "The L.A. funk maestro brings some young people back to life using a keytar and the force of the funk..." That's exactly what happens yet you keep watching it because you see tons of cameos including Nite Jewel's Ramona Gonzalez. (He and Gonzales are currently working on a project titled Nite Funk.) Watch the video yourself below!


[via P4k]
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment