Monday, December 14, 2009

Top 40 Albums of 2009



I told you I would bring it, and here it is. Well, half of it. Here is the beginning of my Top 40 Albums of 2009. However, it is only numbers 40 - 21. The other half will be published on BeatCrave tomorrow, so make sure to check in there on Tuesday!

2009 was a great year in music. To much dismay of others, indie rock took a slight electronic turn but it was actually to my delight! I'd like to say that I have a pretty broad taste in music ranging from pop to punk to rock to electro to soul and more. Yet, I know many people will disagree with this Top 40 list. It's just a consequence I'm ready to face as I post this.

Here is the bottom half of my Top 40 Albums of 2009...

40. Au Revoir Simone - Still Night, Still Light
39. Danger Mouse + Sparkle Horse - Dark Night of the Soul
38. Little Boots - Hands
37. The xx - xx
36. Amanda Blank - I Love You
35. Sonic Youth - The Eternal
34. A Sunny Day in Glasgow - Ashes Grammar
33. Kurt Vile - Constant Hitmaker
32. Cold Cave - Love Comes Close
31. The Flaming Lips - Embryonic
30. Memory Tapes - Seek Magic
29. Here We Go Magic - Here We Go Magic
28. Vivian Girls - Everything Goes Wrong
27. Sondre Lerche - Heartbeat Radio
26. Neko Case - Middle Cyclone
25. Warpaint - Exquisite Corpse
24. Bat For Lashes - Two Suns
23. Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career
22. Black Moth Super Rainbow - Eating Us
21. Matt and Kim - Grand

I've been meaning to write accompanying blurbs for each album, but because of the time crunch I'll insert those and photos in a little later.

Make sure to check into BeatCrave tomorrow for the Top 20 albums of 2009! [UPDATE: Top 20 published now here!]
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment