Sunday, December 13, 2009

Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Maps (Acoustic w/Strings)

Other than the A-trak remix, Yeah Yeah Yeahs have been somewhat off my radar this year even with the release of their latest album, It's Blitz! Not to imply that the album wasn't great - I loved the dance-anthem side of YYYs - however, in my opinion, nothing of theirs afterward has lived up to their album, Fever To Tell.

Simple songs such as "Rich" and "Maps" were what made the trio a novelty and now it seems like Karen O's extravagant fashion has tried to creep into their music, and it doesn't sound as honest. So when I came across this acoustic and strings version of "Maps" (off of an iTunes exclusive), I knew it had to share it. The nakedness of this track with Karen O's perfect pitch vocals makes me long for YYYs from 6 years ago.

Listen below!

Mp3: Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps (Acoustic w/ Strings)
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment