Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beach Fossils: Youth

I missed a lot of great bands while I was at SXSW back in March. Of course, that's always the case with that many bands all playing the same city at once. Plus, it was my first trek out to the annual Austin festival and I really didn't plan it out as well as I could have. One of the bands I was sad to have missed out on is Beach Fossils.

Led by Dustin Payseur, the Brooklyn-based band have only released "Daydream" earlier in the year but are finally getting ready to put a self-titled LP out on Captured Tracks. If you go to their MySpace page, all three songs seem to have a similar vibe with titles such as "Daydream," "Lazy Day" and "Vacation." Beach Fossil's self-recorded sound fits right in but it doesn't sound cheap and rough like most homemade files. Instead, vocals come off lax yet sincere.

Take a listen to "Fossils" below and hear for yourself.

Mp3: Beach Fossils - Youth
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment