Thursday, April 15, 2010

HEALTH Music Video: We Are Water

Warning #1: NSFW. Warning #2: Not for those with weak stomachs.

With those two things disclaiming any responsibility to whatever reaction you may have to HEALTH's new video for "We Are Water," I can conclude that I have always taken their music as something great to be on drugs to (hypothetically, of course - see this interview I did with them back in 2008) rather than a score for a very short horror film.

Director, Eric Wareheim (of the Tim & Eric show and also previous director for some crazy Major Lazer videos) has helped me hear their music in an entirely and disgusting new way. In the video below, you are automatically put into an awkward - if not scared - position as you watch a girl running from an insane man holding a machete (and wearing only underwear). I'm not really sure why she's wearing a blonde wig either.

The ending is gory. Don't say I didn't warn you. However, it's another one of those videos where you are enticed enough to watch until the end. Check it out below if you dare...

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment