Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Freelance Whales Music Video: Generator ^ Second Floor

Not too many people agree with me, but I really do think the gods who created Avi Buffalo and The Postal Services' existences have molded their sounds into one band called Freelance Whales just for me. Twee hasn't sounded this good in a very long time. Proof? I can listen to their album, Weathervanes, without skipping one track. Their lyrics are quirky, they've got mad musicianship with multiple instruments, and the vocal melodies soar to all the right heights.

"Generator ^ Second Floor" is just one of their excellent tracks and the video they've recently released to accompany it is adorable and weird as expected of them. Check it out below! You can also download their song, "The Great Estates," (my favorite) here.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment