Thursday, April 22, 2010

Robyn: Dancing On My Own

And... we have the fourth Robyn song off of Body Talk pt. 1! I cannot wait until the damn record is released. All these teasers are just getting too good and this one is the best of them of yet! Remember her hit song, 'Be Mine," where she sings about lusting for a love she'll never have? "Dancing On My Own" could be a sequel to "Be Mine" as far as I'm concerned because this is the stuff that made the world fall in love with her again on her last album.

Robyn could come off as pathetic by pitying herself in lyrics such as "I'm in the corner/Watching you kiss her/Ohhhh!" but thank God she deals with heartbreak alongside a hot disco beat! There's nothing like a good rhythm to help you dance your troubles away and with "stilettos and broken bottles," it doesn't sound like Robyn is going to be sitting down anytime soon. (Hey, it's better than eating your feelings.)

I'm still enjoying "Fembot," "None of Dem" and "Dancehall Queen" but this one is the cream of the crop so far. Check the new track out below!

Mp3: Robyn - Dancing On My Own

Share

2 comments:

  1. Good steady beat that marches at a steady rate. The production reminds me of Goldfrapp's 'Head First' from (2010) and it's easy to get lost in thought while listening to this electro pop track. Could this be the break-out role for Robyn's singing career. She has many fans in the music industry and worldwide. 5/5 stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like Fembot best, but this is too good. I think there's gonna be a lot of girls sportin' platinum blonde left to right parts to a point this time next year. Is it just me, or can ya kinda feel it... she is finally gonna get the big time. As much as any artist you can name, she deserves it. Konichiwa Bitches.

    ReplyDelete